What is waxing & how does it work?
Waxing is a popular depilatory method where hair is removed from the roots for longer lasting results. Wax is applied to the skin and clings to the hairs. When wax is removed, the hairs are stuck to the wax, leaving your skin smooth. Hair regrowth becomes softer and results last longer than other forms of hair removal.
At Xzeylas Beauty, we only use HARD WAX. Yeni MIXES HER OWN BLENDS AND USES WAXBYYENI creating a smooth creamy hard wax for a fast convenient session.
How long does waxing keep my skin hair free?
Waxing can keep your skin hair free for up to 2-6weeks; however results can vary with each person due to different hair types and how frequently you wax. You should return for your wax every 4 to 6 weeks, no matter the hair growth you need to stay in a consistent waxing cycle to see maximum results.
How do I prepare before my wax appointment?
Stop shaving 2-3 weeks before. Hair should be at least ¼” long. Hair growth needs to be at least size of rice grain from the skin's surface so the wax can adhere to the hair. Longer hair should be trimmed with scissors, NO CLIPPERS, to size of rice grain before waxing. Area to be treated must be clean, dry and free from any oils and creams. Exfoliating the skin will remove theses dead skin cells and let the wax adhere to the hair properly.
Does waxing hurt?
The amount of discomfort experienced when waxing depends on the individual. Waxing offers an affordable way to keep skin smooth for longer periods than shaving so you don’t have to wax as often. A sting like sensation can be felt immediately after waxing, this is the tiny nerve endings in your hair follicles reacting to the removal of the hair, and this will pass in seconds. After regular waxing the discomfort lessens because the hair follicle becomes weaker.
Follow these helpful tips to lessen the discomfort:
- Take an over the counter pain-relief tablet an hour before waxing
- Exfoliating the day before you plan to wax as this will ease the pain by eliminating dead skin cells
- Avoid caffeine, salt and alcohol as they make your skin extra sensitive
- Mind over matter! . The discomfort experienced is very short and will be quickly forgotten as you enjoy your long lasting smooth skin!!!!
What is the difference between waxing and shaving?
Waxing provides smoother and longer lasting results by removing the hair from the root, whereas shaving cuts the hair right below the skin’s surface, causing a prickly feel days after shaving. Waxing is also healthier because it provides a physical exfoliation, removing lifeless surface cells. In other words, waxing will give you the smoothest skin – and the smoothest experience.
First 24 Hours
It’s normal immediately after your wax for a little bit of redness and a prickly heat type rash to appear. This should disappear after a few hours and is normally due to a histamine reaction. Because waxing removes the hair at the root, it’s important that you keep the area clean and bacteria free. This means:
• avoid the gym, tanning salon, swimming pool, hot tubs and sauna for 24 hours after waxing.
• Avoid touching the waxed area and sexual intercourse for 24 hours to avoid getting bacteria in your Freshly waxed follicles.
• Don’t use any products on the waxed area until the following day.
Only products allowed ANTISEPTIC ANTIBACTERIAL SPRAY or witch hazel.
3-10 Days Post Wax
As you skin renews , (PORES DO NOT OPEN OR CLOSE) the next consideration is to ensure you prevent ingrown hairs. This is when new, often softer hair can get trapped under the skin. A few simple measures can easily avoid this situation. Here’s where the “do’s” come in:
– Use a soft brush or exfoliating glove to gently buff the area every 2-3 days
– this is particularly important after about day 3 through to about the 10 day mark. It doesn’t need to be hard scrubbing, just a gentle exfoliation.
- Do not rush your exfoliation, exfoliate in circular motions for a few minutes. Glycolic is an amazing ingredient that aids in cellular turnover helping you get rid of dead skin. Sensitive skin? try Lactic acid.
THIS IS ALSO A GREAT TIME TO BOOK A VAGICIAL!